Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > EX-Series Multi-Function Displays
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fuel on EMax is wrong after Avionics Restart

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GYORC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel on EMax is wrong after Avionics Restart
    Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 11:50am
When I switch off the Avionics to connect my USB stick to download the engine data (while the engine is running) and then restart the Avionics after having removed the USB drive the Engine page (EMAX) shows a completely wrong "remaining fuel" value and I cannot set it correctly on the Fuel Page.

Example: If I enter 60 gallons on the fuel page it will still show 25 gallons (or so) remaining on the EMax page, and there is no way to correct that.

I have to switch off the batteries a restart it all again – and ONLY THEN can i enter the correct amount of fuel again or set it to full fuel. THEN it will show the correct value on both pages.

What's bad, the MFD? The DAU?
Cirrus SR22-G2 GTS, Avidyne Entegra, DFC90
terryp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terryp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 12:13pm
I have never had any issues with this personally. Are you definitely pressing "Fuel Done" after entering your fuel?  I know that might seem silly, though I have known people enter the fuel amount and press something different or shut off avionics.  It only stores the value entered when the Fuel Done bezel is pressed.

GYORC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GYORC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 12:34pm
Thanks for you reply ... but yes, I did press fuel done. (I have the plane for 5 years now and fly a lot).

I just learned that this behaviour has to do with the DAU (data aquisition unit) and might even be normal before switching off the battery. although that would mean that restarting the Avionics in flight would result in a completely wrong fuel status.

terryp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terryp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 12:40pm
Interesting, I have the same setup on SR20 G2, though have not seen the same behaviour?
GYORC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GYORC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 12:44pm
I cannot remember that it behaved this way before ... so i am pretty sure that SOMETHING HAS changed. Will keep you posted if I find out.

Maybe somebody from Avidyne could tell me if this type of failure (if it is one) hast to do with the DAU or the MFD.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic