Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

setting up WiFi (10.2.1)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 9:42am
Originally posted by George George wrote:

The problem being, you have to input the ssid each time you change the mode from local to remote or the other direction. The ssid doesn't follow the mode as it did with the separate entries.

Exactly!

It is unfortunate that we lost that ability in the user interface, with the 10.2.1 update.

* Orest

HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 10:50pm
with my A&P today. Everything seemed to work, and the Nwtwork Configuration Screen shows up as you descirbe in your post. Initially the was set to Remote WiFi, but we changed it to Local WiFi. My problem is that my iPad doesn’t see the LIO_WiFi network. It sees other networks in the hangar, but not the OFD-540’s. The OFDhas networking turned on, and the WiFi symbols at the to is lit up. Any ideas what could be the problem?

This testing was done with the plane in the hangar and it didn’t have good GPS reception. I’m not sure if that has any influence on the network. I sort of recall something along those lines when upgrading to 10.2.0 but I don’t have all the details.
hamilton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 12:14am
Originally posted by compasst compasst wrote:

Just did update 10.2.1 today with no issues. Although I have a picture of the wifi and bluetooth config pages from 10.2.0 just prior to the update, I now have no wifi and bluetooth config pages.

I also still have no 500' callout even though it is turned on - that just quit a while back after working faithfully for months following the 10.2.0 update.

Any suggestions?

Can we have a posting of the version 13 installation manual, please?

We're in the same boat.

The maintenance pages for Wi-Fi etc just aren't there and no 500 foot call out, also on the software splash screen the BT and F500 aren't highlighted.

Ensured the Tail number was set.

The FLTA aural alerts and the obstacle 'corridor' are missing also.

Dealing with tech support (in New Zealand) so waiting for a response and hopefully a .dsf file to fix the most of it over night.

Edited by hamilton - 21 Mar 2018 at 12:16am
compasst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote compasst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 9:23am
Originally posted by hamilton hamilton wrote:

We're in the same boat.
The maintenance pages for Wi-Fi etc just aren't there and no 500 foot call out, also on the software splash screen the BT and F500 aren't highlighted.

Ensured the Tail number was set.

The FLTA aural alerts and the obstacle 'corridor' are missing also.

Dealing with tech support (in New Zealand) so waiting for a response and hopefully a .dsf file to fix the most of it over night.

The described issue of missing WiFi/BT maintenance pages and 500' callout are exactly what I experienced. Issue was corrected when tech support provided a special .dsf file for my tail number to turn on FLTA feature which was 'turned off' by the 10.2.1 update. Send me a private msg if you need more info. It took several phone calls and emails to get the solution - but it is now an easy fix with the loading of one small but custom file on your IFD.

System Page (see photo below) should have the 'white' blocks activated (doesn't show well on photo due to auto exposure setting). Initially, mine had only one block in the left most column.

Edited by compasst - 21 Mar 2018 at 9:30am
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 10:45am
Originally posted by oskrypuch oskrypuch wrote:

Originally posted by George George wrote:

The problem being, you have to input the ssid each time you change the mode from local to remote or the other direction. The ssid doesn't follow the mode as it did with the separate entries.

Exactly!

It is unfortunate that we lost that ability in the user interface, with the 10.2.1 update.

* Orest

We're considering a change for 10.3, but want to make sure the solution will actually address the issue.  We're actually kind of surprised that there is a need to often switch between local and remote.  Our thought was that once you've configured WiFi for your situation, you wouldn't have to mess with it again.  What's the use case that drives the need to switch?
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 11:14am
I don't always fly with the Stratus in the plane.  For shorter trips or $100 hamburgers I fly only with the IPAD and IFD 100.  For longer trips, I like the backup of the AHRS on FF and also the ability to see Nexrad on FF should I have an electrical failure.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by AviSteve AviSteve wrote:

... What's the use case that drives the need to switch?

Well, it is not an issue for me, I do have a Stratus 2S sitting full time in the aircraft, mounted on the C pillar in the back, and that is the only WiFi network I use in the plane.

But it seems, there are others that do wish to flip back and forth, and in particular for whatever reason do not want to use the Stratus SSID for the Avidyne network. 

I think it is just a bit of added flexibility on the setup page, if you can add it back, it will likely be appreciated, one pair of values for remote modes, the other for local modes. Re-entering a new SSID is way too fiddly to be practical on a flight by flight basis. 

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 21 Mar 2018 at 1:56pm
psimpson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 10:55pm
Not an issue for me either. 
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 11:21pm
For those who want to sometimes switch between local and remote, the SSID for local could have just the last digit of the Stratusxxxxx changed so it would only be necessary to change the last digit of the SSID when changing from local to remote or visa versa.  For instance, Stratus2s01234 and Stratus2s01235.   Yes?
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by teeth6 teeth6 wrote:

... it would only be necessary to change the last digit of the SSID

Sure.

* Orest

ttvetdoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttvetdoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 12:50pm
Hey guys,

So I have a unique WiFi issue.  I had a IFD440 installed in my SR22 a few weeks ago. Once I picked up the plane I noticed that neither Wifi or bluetooth were working properly.  I saw the wifi page in the maintenance menu, but I couldn't see any IFD network when set to 'local' and the IFD wouldn't pair to my Stratus 2 network.  On the bluetooth config page it just said 'initializing' with the airplane icon flying across.  It wouldn't never let me 'start scan'.  Through Christine at tech support we tried loading the wifi/BT recalibration file without success.  We traced the issue to a faulty or corrupt microSD card.  Apparently I was the first customer with an installed IFD they have seen this issue in.

A new microSD card was shipped to my avionics shop and installed this past Thursday.  This has partially corrected the issue.  I can now set the wifi config to 'local' and see the network.  I can successfully connect to it and get the flight plan transfer icon to appear in foreflight.  The IFD100 app also works well.

I have been unsuccessful in getting the 'remote wifi' setting to connect to my Stratus.  I am computer savvy and have checked the proper spelling for the SSID name without success.  I have put a password and not put a password.  Rebooted the Stratus numerous times, tablet numerous times with no success. Pretty much tried everything over several hours.

Intestingly, the bluetooth and wifi indicator colors do not appear to be accurate.  Without ever pairing a bluetooth device to the IFD the bluetooth icon immediately turns green on startup.  When in 'remote' mode, the wifi icon also turns green however using the Fing app it doesn't show the IFD as connected to the Stratus network.  I can also purposely put in an incorrect SSID name when in 'remote' mode and the wifi icon still turns green!  When I set to 'local' mode it also turns green before I have connected any device to it.  As a last ditch effect I loaded the wifi/BT recalibration file that I had initially used when the microSD was corrupted and that didn't help either.

Any thoughts?  I can also just switch back and forth between wifi networks in flight to accomplish flight transfers but also receive Stratus information, however the I shouldn't have to do this.

Thanks,

Russell
SR22 - KEQY
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 9:36pm
I have the same issue of the WiFi network not showing up after I updated my IFD-540. I don’t understand the SD card comment. My 540 doesn’t have an SD card that I know of.

I have the 540 set to Local WiFi. It seems to be working but I don’t see the network with my iPad.

I sort of remember when I upgraded to 10.2.0 I needed to have GPS satellite lock for everything to work. I haven’t had a chance to try that yet. I only tried inside a hangar without GPS reception. I will check in the next few days.
94S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 9:30am
The IFDs have a SD card (or maybe two) in the side of the unit under a sticker that says tampering with the sticker voids the warranty (or something to that effect).  You have to pull the unit from the panel to see the sticker.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 12:15pm

I just did an internal signoff yesterday, so it's close, but I know it needs a couple more signatures.  We're trying to get it to the FAA by the end of this week.  I wouldn't expect a long turnaround there.  Let's hope my expectations are realized...
Sorry, this got lost in the fray...

We have indeed updated the PGs and they are available on the website.  Those don’t actually go through the FAA, so just internal signoff is required and the documents get reposted.  You'll be disappointed, though, if you go looking through the PG for a lot of networking setup detail, because it just directs you to the installation manual.  Installation manuals do require FAA involvement and that's what we are still waiting on.  Not that it's a big deal, it's just that our primary FAA guy has been unavailable for the last couple of weeks.  He's back now and we expect to have the IM approved this week.

Which brings me to the subject of installation manuals.  While it's true that IMs were once posted on our public website, they were removed quite a while ago, primarily for liability reasons.  I don't claim to understand all of the legalities involved, but that's the whole story - nothing nefarious.  IMs are obviously available to installers, so if you are a self-installer, I'd suggest getting with tech support in order to obtain a copy of the IM.

I realize that none of this helps you get documentation regarding the network setup.  Frankly, it's silly that the documentation is currently in the IM but the IM is not readily available.  We plan to address the whole situation in 10.3.  Specifically, we plan to make the network setup easier and more robust and also put the documentation in the PG.  In the meantime, here is a section of some documentation that provides networking setup instructions.

Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 3:55pm
Very good. That even explains the mysterious question marks.

* Orest

HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 11:37am
Originally posted by HenryM HenryM wrote:

I have the same issue of the WiFi network not showing up after I updated my IFD-540. I don’t understand the SD card comment. My 540 doesn’t have an SD card that I know of.

I have the 540 set to Local WiFi. It seems to be working but I don’t see the network with my iPad.

I sort of remember when I upgraded to 10.2.0 I needed to have GPS satellite lock for everything to work. I haven’t had a chance to try that yet. I only tried inside a hangar without GPS reception. I will check in the next few days.

The connection works inside the hangar. I was being too impatient. It took a couple of minutes for the WiFi connection to become visible, but then I was able to move a flight plan from the IFD-540 to ForeFlight on my iPad.

What didn't work inside the hangar is moving a flight plan from the iPad to the IFD-540 (ForeFlight doesn't show a button to go in that direction), or to have the IFD-100 app synchronized with the IFD-540. From what I read in other threads, a GPS connection is required for these transfers to work. I still haven't had a chance to check that out. Hopefully I can pull the plane out this weekend. 
GBSoren71965 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBSoren71965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 7:18pm
I'm having issues with my WIFI after updating to 10.2.1 also. I have it set on local wifi, and neither of my ipads are seeing the network. I was out of the hanger and even took a short flight. WIFI worked fine before the update. I also lost my latest nav data I'd just loaded the other day, not a big deal, I'll just reload that.
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 7:58pm
Nav data IS lost with the update. Be prepared to load Nav Data again.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBSoren71965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 8:11pm
Thanks, glad to know it's to be expected. Now if I can just get the wifi back! 
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 9:31pm
My iPad wasn’t seeing the network after the 10.2.1 update, but perhaps I was just being impatient. I went back to the hangar a few days later and waited a few minutes before firing up my iPad. The network was there. Thinking back to the update, I didn’t power off my Avidyne after the update, when the network wasn’t showing up. Maybe it needed the full power-off reboot. In any case, it has worked fine after that initial time that the network didn’t show up. I did not have to get GPS lock or anything else. It just started working when I got to the airport a few days after the initial installation.

Today I went flying and I do seem to have an issue with the apps that connects to the IFD. WiFi is working. My iPad connects to the IFD network and I am able to send flight plans from the IFD-540 to ForeFlight. However:

1.) The IFD-100 app doesn’t appear to be talking to the IFD-540 at all. It behaves the same as if I start the app at home. It says it doesn’t have GPS position (I have a cellular iPad with built-in GPS, and ForeFlight claims it gets GPS from the IFD). It doesn’t show the radio frequencies of the IFD-540, just red x’s.

2.) ForeFlight can download flight plans, but there is no button to upload a flight plan from ForeFlight to the IFD.

3.) I have a SkyTrax 100 that shows traffic and weather on the IFD-540. FlyQ EFB, however, acts as if there is not ADS-B In source. FlyQ is listed as an app that supports traffic and weather coming from the IFD.

I have the latest versions of all apps available from the App Store.

Edited by HenryM - 30 Mar 2018 at 11:37pm
George View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 9:32pm
George
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by HenryM HenryM wrote:

...(I have a cellular iPad with built-in GPS, and ForeFlight claims it gets GPS from the IFD). It doesn’t show the radio frequencies of the IFD-540, just red x’s. 
Try turning off the cellular data while connected to the IFD.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBSoren71965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 11:35am
After reinstalling nav data my wifi connected again and all is working. Now have 10.2.1 and the current nav data on both my IFD440 and IFD100.
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 12:02pm
i will check on the IFD-100 next time I go to the airport.

I’ve heard there’s an issue with having both FF and the IFD-100 app running at the same time that causes FF not to be able to upload a flight plan. Hopefully that gets resolved, but I will double check I do t have the IFD running to see if that fixes the issue I reported above. It is not a dealbreaker for me.

What is the symptom of the databases between the IFD-540 and the IFD-100 not being synchronized? Does the app report an error or does it just not work?

My IFD-540 has an older, out of date, charts database. I no longer subscribe to charts, but the old database was on my USB drive when I updated the database and is installed in the IFD-540. My IFD-100 just has the current Nav and Obstacle database, along with terrain, but not the outdated charts.

Is there a way to delete the old charts database from the IFD, without reinstalling the firmware?
ChainSaw View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChainSaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 3:22pm
I have the network settimg for the IFD in Local mode and networking is on. The WiFi symbol is bright green. However, none of my Android devices see the 'LIO_WIFI' from the IFD. Has anyone ACTUALLY connected Droid device to an ifd440 in any meaningful way?
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 6:31pm
Yes, when I was using FltPlan on my Tab S2, I could connect and download flight plans and such. That was firmware 10.1 I think. I havve jumped to FF these days (for Jepps & IFD100), but I am pretty sure that FltPlan has updated the features even further on both android & iOS.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 31 May 2018 at 6:32pm
ChainSaw View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChainSaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 6:43pm
Awesome. What did you have to do to get the S2 to see the ifd 440 wifi? Ifd Network: local or remote? Any changes to ifd IP or default? Any special  settings on S2? I have the ifd Wifi enabled and icon shows green in local mode. Any thoughts based on your success ? n
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 8:35pm
No, nothing special that I recall. Was NOT using the Stratus at the time, so initially just left it in the default local mode on the IFD. In that firmware, there was nothing else to twiddle.

When I installed the Stratux, used the remote mode on the IFD.

* Orest

rolfe_tessem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolfe_tessem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 6:11pm
Forgive me as I'm late to this discussion, but does this Stratus or Stratux setup allow ADSB traffic/weather to be displayed on the IFD? 

If not, I'm not sure I follow the point...

Rolfe

HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 6:51pm
The reason for connecting to the Stratus/Stratux network is that you can then have ForeFlight (maybe also FlyQ EFB) exchange flight plans with the IFD while getting traffic and weather from the Stratus device. ForeFlight cannot currently display traffic from the SkyTrax/MLB100 device because of some software issue. Unfortunately, this also means relying on a portable device that may or may not be in the plane for your network access. I've had enough issues with my Stratux to not want this.

These portable ADS-B devices are not able to connect to the IFD network, so the workaround is to have the IFD connect to the network they provide. I would prefer to use the IFD network, but apparently it is somewhat complicated to make the Stratus/Stratux switch from being an access point to being a device on the network. It is possible to do it manually, but you then need to tell them where all the devices are. It is not a clean plug and play. 

By the way, I did solve my issue with the IFD-100 that I mentioned above. My problem was that for some reason my IFD-540 was configured to have SysID 2. This setting is also called Chassis ID by the IFD-100. It turns out the IFD-100 expect there to be at least one ChassisID 1 in the installation, even if you change the setting to look for ChassisID 2. I had to remove my IFD-540 and flip a dip switch on the right side to set it to ChassisID 1. Once I did that, the IFD-100 worked as expected. I also disabled cellular data in the IFD-100 settings on my iPad.

Edited by HenryM - 12 Jun 2018 at 6:53pm
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 7:11pm
I'm still not seeing the Boeing Banana on the IFD 100 and not sure why.  It seems some people see it and others don't
rpostmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpostmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 7:39pm
Not showing up on mine either.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 9:28am
I'm not sure why the banana doesn't show up on the IFD100 for some of you.  The computation involves altitude, vertical speed, and groundspeed.  In the absence of real air data, the system will use GPS derived altitude and vertical speed.

There's nothing there that should be dependent upon configuration.  Nevertheless, let's see if there's a common configuration issue between those for whom it works and those for whom it doesn't.  Please post your 429 and 232 configuration settings and indicate whether the banana works on your IFD100.  Once there are several posted, maybe some common characteristic will show itself.  Or maybe not...

FYI, it appears that the image upload is broken again and I'm working to get that resolved.  So, unfortunately, you'll have to just post your settings using text for now.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 1:41pm
Where can we find the 429 and 232 settings?  Is this something our installer has to provide or can they be found in maintenance mode on certain configuration pages?
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 1:49pm

Where can we find the 429 and 232 settings?  Is this something our installer has to provide or can they be found in maintenance mode on certain configuration pages?
Go into maintenance mode, config tab.  The first two pages are Main 429 and Main 232, respectively.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 9:01am

...it appears that the image upload is broken again and I'm working to get that resolved.  So, unfortunately, you'll have to just post your settings using text for now.
I got the image uploads working last night, so you can post pictures of the config screens if you like.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 8:52pm

This is the 232 page and I'm in the camp that does not see the "banana" on my IFD100.  I'll post the 429 image next.
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 8:54pm

This is the 429 Config page.
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 4:02pm
I just had a 550 installed to replace one of my 540s and tried to see the Boeing banana when the IPad was connected to the 550.  I had no luck on that box either.  I'm not sure of the 429 settings on the 550 but I don't see the banana on either of my boxes.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 11:35pm

.... but I don't see the banana on either of my boxes.

Do you mean you are not seeing the banana on the IFD units themselves, either? 

* Orest

rpostmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpostmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 12:00pm
Banana showed up on the VOR 13   FFM today, but not on the subsequent RNAV 15 BWP.
I could see it well on both the IFD540 and the IFD100 during the VOR approach, though it can get
a little hard to see if you're not zoomed in moderately.  I'm not sure why it didn't show up on the LPV
approach as everything else seemed to be working normally.  Databases are up to date if that matters.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 1:55pm
The banana is suppressed on precision (LPV, ILS) approaches.

* Orest 
rpostmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpostmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 7:45pm
Thank you!   Now the light comes on.
rpostmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpostmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 7:46pm
Just to avoid confusion, that was the light inside of my head.
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 10:56pm

[QUOTE=teeth6].... but I don't see the banana on either of my boxes.

Do you mean you are not seeing the banana on the IFD units themselves, either? 

* Orest

Sorry for the late reply but just saw this.  I DO have the banana on the IFD units themselves (a 550 and 540) but I do not get the banana on the IFD 100.  What I was trying to say (poorly) is that I don't get the banana on the IFD 100 when it is connected to my 550 OR when it is connected to my 540.

Edited by teeth6 - 05 Jul 2018 at 10:59pm
paulr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 6:56am

The banana is suppressed on precision (LPV, ILS) approaches.

* Orest 

Help! My banana is being suppressed!
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 2:28pm

...There's nothing there that should be dependent upon configuration.  Nevertheless, let's see if there's a common configuration issue between those for whom it works and those for whom it doesn't.  Please post your 429 and 232 configuration settings and indicate whether the banana works on your IFD100.  Once there are several posted, maybe some common characteristic will show itself.  Or maybe not...
I haven't seen configurations for anyone else who does not see the banana on the IFD100, so I set up our lab to match your 429 configuration.  Again, I don't think there's anything there that should be configuration dependent, but I tried anyway.  

I just set up a simple flight plan from KMLB to CRG and put a 4000 foot constraint on CRG.  Then, I simulated the aircraft taking off and climbing.  Sure enough, I saw the banana on both the IFD550 and the IFD100.

I had 10.2.1 in the 550 and IFD100 app was at 10.2.5.  Does that match your configuration?
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 3:21pm
My 550 and 540 are at 10.2.2 but  I had the banana issue at 10.2.1 also.  I believe I’m at at latest release of the IFD 100 as there isn’t an update for me at the App Store. 
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 3:34pm

My 550 and 540 are at 10.2.2 but  I had the banana issue at 10.2.1 also.  I believe I’m at at latest release of the IFD 100 as there isn’t an update for me at the App Store. 
Can you verify IFD100 app is at 10.2.5?  If it is, I just don't understand why you wouldn't be seeing the banana.

To generate the banana, the IFD needs:
  • groundspeed, gets it from the GPS
  • vertical speed, if no real source, it uses GPS
  • altitude, if no real source, it uses GPS
  • target, from the flight plan
There's nothing out of the ordinary that is needed for the computation.  I really need other guys that don't see it on the IFD100 to post configuration/installation details so we can see if there's a common thread.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 10:12pm
When on the AUX page of the app, it says it is software version 10.2.1 but it must be the latest release as the SW Part number is dated Feb 9, 2018 and when I deleted the app and re-downloaded, the same version was reinstalled. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic