Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Foreflight's Scout

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 210 Driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Foreflight's Scout
    Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 3:22am
Has anyone tried out this little ADS-B receiver which links via Wifi to Foreflight? What I'm wondering, can Foreflight be linked via wifi with my 540, AND this receiver at the same time? I suppose once one uploads a flight plan to the 540, from FF, it really doesn't require to be connected???
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 8:49am
I have a Stratux. I use the client mode on the IFD, the hot spot is the Stratux. 

It works most of the time, I get both ADSB IN on the tablet, and have access to the IFD for uploads/downloads. Occasionally the IFD is not seen on the network. 10.2.1 may address this.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 21 Aug 2017 at 8:49am
rolfe_tessem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolfe_tessem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 9:43am
I have the Scout, and it works fine and as advertised with Foreflight. I have tried using the client mode on the IFD to connect to it, but haven't been successful so far. I've only had a couple of flights and haven't had the time to mess with it, but will try again in the next day or two. In theory, I don't see why it wouldn't work the same as the Stratus/Stratux in this mode...

Rolfe

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic