Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Foreflight's Scout

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rolfe_tessem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolfe_tessem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Foreflight's Scout
    Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 9:43am
I have the Scout, and it works fine and as advertised with Foreflight. I have tried using the client mode on the IFD to connect to it, but haven't been successful so far. I've only had a couple of flights and haven't had the time to mess with it, but will try again in the next day or two. In theory, I don't see why it wouldn't work the same as the Stratus/Stratux in this mode...

Rolfe

oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 8:49am
I have a Stratux. I use the client mode on the IFD, the hot spot is the Stratux. 

It works most of the time, I get both ADSB IN on the tablet, and have access to the IFD for uploads/downloads. Occasionally the IFD is not seen on the network. 10.2.1 may address this.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 21 Aug 2017 at 8:49am
210 Driver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 210 Driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 3:22am
Has anyone tried out this little ADS-B receiver which links via Wifi to Foreflight? What I'm wondering, can Foreflight be linked via wifi with my 540, AND this receiver at the same time? I suppose once one uploads a flight plan to the 540, from FF, it really doesn't require to be connected???
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic