Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic alerts on ground?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmyz80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic alerts on ground?
    Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 10:28pm
I just had something new happen to me today, and was curious to see what everyone's thoughts are.  I recently had my 540/440s updated to 10.2, and I have a MLB100 wired into the 540 in accordance with the latest service bulletin on wiring/protocols.

Until now I've never had "traffic" alerts while on the ground, but today I had constant traffic alerts all the way down short final and while taxiing off the runway at KAVL.  There was another Cirrus holding short for me, and I'm assuming the alerts were for him.  The only thing different on this flight vs. others, was that I had the traffic thumbnail displayed.  I normally have it hidden.

I also couldn't figure out how to silence the alerts, since clearing the CAS message did nothing, and tapping the thumbnail just cycled through different modes (none of which is standby).

For what it's worth, my IFD must know when I'm flying or not since it transitions my AXP322 in and out of GND mode properly when I'm departing/arriving.  I'd imagine it should transition the traffic mode into standby upon landing as well?  Is there a way to silence the incessant audible warnings?

Thanks!
2006 Cirrus SR22 - IFD540 IFD440 DFC90 AXP322 MLB100
TomH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 1:06am
There's a bulletin and a small software fix to address this. You can touch the Yellow Traffic label on the screen (or, presumably, touch the CLR button) but it will almost immediately return and as you say, you were on short final. Should be fixed in 10.2.1, whenever that happens.
jimmyz80 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmyz80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 1:53pm
Do you happen to have a link to the bulletin?
2006 Cirrus SR22 - IFD540 IFD440 DFC90 AXP322 MLB100
TomH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by jimmyz80 jimmyz80 wrote:

Do you happen to have a link to the bulletin?

I don't  have it here... Call Avidyne Tech Support, they are wonderful at helping.
DavidBunin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 7:03am
Another solution, imperfect though, is to go into the AUX page for Volumes, and turn the alert volume down to zero.  Just have to remember to turn it back up again later.
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 9:32pm
The bulletin removes all aural warnings, both in flight and on the ground. I prefer that as the visual is enough for me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic