Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GS problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luchetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GS problem
    Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 6:13pm
I have recently experienced a slow dying of the GS signal on my King HSI. It started with an intermittant mulfunction where on one flight the GS would come alive and then the next flight it would take much longer or not appear at all.

I had the HSI checked and a few capacitors were exchanged. On the bench the HSI works but in the airplane I still have the same issues. The HSI failes the self-test when turning on the Avidyne 540.

What could be the most likely cause, the Avidyne box
LANCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LANCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 6:22pm
I doubt it's the Avidyne. You might read through this and see if this describes what you are experiencing:

George View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 10:25pm
That article covers my problem with the KI525 exactly. Shops don't or can't
fix the problem. Part of the approach procedure is to tap the face of the instrument
and all is good til the next flight. I personally think it is the magnet adjustment.
The suggestion of low voltage sounds reasonable also. The maintenance manuals that are downloadable in the article are worth the read.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic