Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

some issues with NGT-9000 to IFD540

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: some issues with NGT-9000 to IFD540
    Posted: 29 May 2017 at 3:23pm
Hello,

My avionics shop recently installed a L3 lynx ngt-9000 and connected it to my existing IFD540 running 10.2.   The connection was made using the RS232 as described in the 10.2 documentation .   The traffic and weather info being passed onto the IFD is great.   However, I have noticed some issues and wanted to find out if this is a known issue or maybe something with my installation.

The biggest issue is that some data such as CONUS nexrad often does not completely populate on the IFD.   I typically see large sections of  US with hashed out areas as if data was not received for certain blocks.  Those hashed out areas may sometimes be across the middle of areas of significant precipitation.   At the same time on the NGT-9000 display it shows nexrad for the full US without any apparent gaps as well as complete regional nexrad data when I zoom in on the NGT-9000.  This issue of missing blocks also happens on the regional nexrad although to a lesser degree.

Also, there often seems to be a delay of several minutes between when the NGT-9000 displays weather updates and when data shows up on the IFD.   

I'm not sure if this is possibly a bug, a serial port baud rate too slow to handle the amount of data being sent, or some issue with the installation.   If anyone else has this integration running I'd be interested to hear if you have similar issues.

Regards
Karl

Edited by Freff - 29 May 2017 at 3:24pm
Ibraham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 9:01pm
Having the same problem with the Avidyne Skytrax 100 ADS-B.
Apiaguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apiaguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 12:07pm
I don't believe the 9000 and the 540 are an approved connection yet.  Yes, It has been shown to hook up and work kinda so far but I don't think the bugs are worked out.  But sounds like minimal trouble considering a number of issues when connecting two different units.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic