Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trip Timer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guenter_ms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trip Timer
    Posted: 28 May 2017 at 7:19am
Hello,

the Timers on the AUX Util Page are very helpful.

I suggest the following enhancement for the next release:

The Trip Timer "From TakeOff" is incompatible to the old Garmin 530, where this Timer stops after Landing, so that you can read the total inflight time of the last flight, which is still available after power cycles and is reset with the next TakeOff. Pls make it compatible to the old Garmin, e.g. by adding a third option "GS>30kt" to count the time, while GS is greater than 30kt. 

Any supporters?

regards,
Guenni
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 7:55am
I made this suggestion a long time ago.

In fact I'd like to see a dedicated block time (with block off and block on times) and an air time listed for every flight.

* Orest
TangoCharlie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TangoCharlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 11:58am
I agree.  In practice, when I fly I use a timer for four things:

1. Block to block time.
  2. Air time.
  3. Time from FAF on an approach.
  4. Recurrent countdown to switch fuel tanks.

The first three I use on all planes.  Given how easy it is to implement timers, it would be great to have the first three automatically computed all of the time, and I suspect most pilots like to have some if not all of them.  These three plus some utility timers (which can implement the fourth) would make a perfect set for me.

--Mark M
MarkZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 7:44am
I've got my periodic timer set on 30 hours for oil changes. I also use timer functions to see how long I've been in the air and the switch tanks feature is good.
Gring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 11:26am
I'd like to see a timer available based on fuel consumption.  For me, I'd set an timer notification for a CAS message when the first 20 gallons have burned, and another when the first 57 gallons have been burned.  I switch tanks in this manner.
DavidBunin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 1:46pm
The fuel selector in my 172 pretty much stays on "BOTH" all the time, but I still use the fuel tank reminder timer in the IFD.  It reminds me to re-set my DG to the magnetic compass at regular intervals.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic