Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

User Wpts Disappearing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: User Wpts Disappearing
    Posted: 21 May 2017 at 5:00pm
Has anybody else noticed the spontaneous disappearance of User Waypoints?

I have dual 540's and since synching IFD100 I have noticed (and attributed the IFD100 App) spontaneous deletion of User Wpts. 
     1. This continues, even with updated iPad IFD100 App.
     2. Still occurs even when not activating IFD100 on iPad - but WiFi ON.
     3. Did not seem to occur when iPad is using non-Avidyne WiFi (eg. Stratus).
     4. 540-#1 Restores User Wpts OK (on ground) each time, but #2 540 will not take restored Wpts -          5, Synch of Waypoints between 540-#1 and #2 not working, but everything else is Synched. 

Next flight, will keep both 540 WiFi's turned OFF, and only use Stratus WiFi.

So far, there seems to be an issue in the v10.2 software related to the internal WiFi, and User Wpts does not X-Synch between 540 units.  

Any comments appreciated from Avidyne or others needing User Wpts...

Thanks.

Tom W.
fritz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 11:39am
I have dual 540s and noticed the same issue.  Eventually all the user way points disappeared from both of my units. I do not believe this has anything to do with WiFi as it has occurred when I had no external devices connected.

Avidyne support acknowledged it is an issue, but nothing beyond that.

n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 11:53am
Originally posted by fritz fritz wrote:

I have dual 540s and noticed the same issue.  Eventually all the user way points disappeared from both of my units. I do not believe this has anything to do with WiFi as it has occurred when I had no external devices connected.

Avidyne support acknowledged it is an issue, but nothing beyond that.

Thanks for reality testing...

Have you tried disabling both 540's WiFi's?  I did this in flight yesterday, and Wpts lasted about 45 minutes, until I got impatient and re-activated WiFi & FlyQ to see what happened... They erased!

So, is it the act of external iPad App synching, an internal 540 WiFi issue, or other?

I will try turning off all WiFi in 540's on at a 1-hour flight to see what happens.

Tom W.
KIM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KIM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 4:22am

I had the same issue with my single IFD 540 and IFD 100.

Seems to be a synch problem. But I don't know how the synchronization should work.

Klaus
fritz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 12:03pm

I have not tried disabling the Wi-Fi.  I believe the waypoints disappear when the unit goes through a power cycle, I have not noticed them disappearing during flight.

Edited by fritz - 23 May 2017 at 12:03pm
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 8:20pm
Spent some time yesterday in hangar flying, and today 5-hrs in flight -

1.  Restored User Wpts OK on each 540, separately with other unit OFF.
2.  Wpts OK on restored 540 until other 540 turned on and until Cross-Synch takes over,  erasing all Wpts!

Tech support initially thought the 540's would need a re-install of the "C-Flash Memory", but latest email from them says both units will need to be serviced at Avidyne!!! - ?? Warranty?

Of course this spells down for at least 2-weeks with this 10.2 issue - installed at dealer.  I am in no hurry to send in the units as only User Wpts dysfunctional.  BTW, Wpts included in Flight Plans show up in User Wpts when the FP has been activated.

My work around is I have most of the User Wpts in FltPlan.Go and these can be included in a FP and Uploaded to the 540.

However, this and a number of serious issues remain from v10.2 and SkyTrax100 software and hopefully will be resolved by Avidyne ASAP.

Tom W.
fritz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by n7ifr n7ifr wrote:

Spent some time yesterday in hangar flying, and today 5-hrs in flight -

1.  Restored User Wpts OK on each 540, separately with other unit OFF.
2.  Wpts OK on restored 540 until other 540 turned on and until Cross-Synch takes over,  erasing all Wpts!

Tech support initially thought the 540's would need a re-install of the "C-Flash Memory", but latest email from them says both units will need to be serviced at Avidyne!!! - ?? Warranty?

Of course this spells down for at least 2-weeks with this 10.2 issue - installed at dealer.  I am in no hurry to send in the units as only User Wpts dysfunctional.  BTW, Wpts included in Flight Plans show up in User Wpts when the FP has been activated.

My work around is I have most of the User Wpts in FltPlan.Go and these can be included in a FP and Uploaded to the 540.

However, this and a number of serious issues remain from v10.2 and SkyTrax100 software and hopefully will be resolved by Avidyne ASAP.

Tom W.

Well, that is not encouraging.  I have another issue where fltplan.GO will not transfer flight plans to my IFD.  It transfer the route name, but no actual waypoints.  I wonder if the issues are related.

n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 5:31pm

[/QUOTE]

Well, that is not encouraging.  I have another issue where fltplan.GO will not transfer flight plans to my IFD.  It transfer the route name, but no actual waypoints.  I wonder if the issues are related.

[/QUOTE]

Fritz,

My FltPlan.Go flight plans do upload to 540 (with active 540 WiFi ON), with name and waypoints.

This can serve as a poor man's work around to Avidyne's v10.2 bug which erases the User Wpts. 

Wpts within a saved and Activated 540 Route plan will then populate the User Wpt Page too, even if a subsequent Route is activated.  So, as long as the 540 is not turned off or re-booted, these Route activated Wpts will stay in the User Wpt page.... so on FltPlan.Go I create a FP containing numerous personal Wpts, and Activate this Route on the 540-->Wpts appear on User page.

Not ideal, but it works.

Tom W.
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 3:58pm
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

More v10.2 bugs - 

Entered a new Route (Flight Plan) while in flight today without activating (as I was flying on a different FP).
After FP completion and returning to Route Page (to look at the new FP), the Route pages blanked out and said "synchronizing Routes" with progressive %-completion. Next, the NEW Route was no longer there.

Subsequently, about every 3 minutes or so in flight, the Route page on both 540's spontaneously began "Synchronizing Routes" over and over!!!

So now, not only are User Wpts not retained, but new Routes not retained.

To me, these bugs have surfaced either since my Dealer Installed v10.2, or since first IFD100 iPad synch via WiFi (prior to IFD100 App "Fix").  These bugs are very disturbing, now potential issues with In Flight safety.

Someone from Avidyne, please feel free to chime in and help out here.

Tom W.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic