Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > SkyTrax Series ADS-B Receivers & Transceivers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MLB100 Not showing traffic after 10.2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Pavinich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MLB100 Not showing traffic after 10.2
    Posted: 18 May 2017 at 12:08am
Equipment is:

IFD 540 with Wireless, Bluetooth, and FLTA
AXP 322
MLB 100  ver 4.10

Prior to the IFD 10.2 update, traffic was being displayed with the following settings:

ARINC 429 --- Speed LOW and MLB100
RS232 --- Ch1.   Skytrax WX  | Skytrax WX 

After the IFD 10.2 update, no more traffic with the prior settings. 

Modified the settings to:

ARINC 429 Speed HIGH and OFF
RS232 --- ch1.  Skytrax Wx, Traffic   |  Skytrax Wx, Traffic

Results no more traffic.  If only using RS232, the MLB100 test simulation does not show any aircraft.

The only way to see traffic on the test simulation is to turned the settings back to how they were prior to 10.2 update which were   

ARINC 429 --- Speed LOW and MLB100
RS232 --- Ch1.   Skytrax WX  | Skytrax WX 

Regardless of which setting WX comes in without any issues; however, no traffic regardless of which settings. 

Let me know if there are any settings or anything else to look at in the UAT and/or IFD configuration. 

oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 8:36am
There was a recent thread on this, and I think the answer was using an "ADS-B +" setting. 

I don't have a Skytrax, so no direct experience.

* Orest

Mark Pavinich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Pavinich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 9:07am
IF the setting is SKytrax+WX+Traffic, I have already tried that.
That setting listed above does not show traffic in simulation mode nor do I get traffic in normal mode. 

I only get WX 

IF the setting is different or located some where else, let me know.

I am making the change from the IFD540

Thanks.
AviSimpson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 9:13am
Welcome to the forum!

Have you had a chance to reach out to our tech support team (techsupp(at)avidyne.com or 888-723-7592)? If not, message me your tail number and contact information so that I can have tech support reach out to you.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
flybikeski View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flybikeski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 10:44am
There is another RS-232 connection that delivers position data to the MLB and that needs to be changed as well.  Manual seems to be incorrect. However before I made that change I got the message "ADSB Degraded" on the IFD with the traffic.  So you must have another problem.  In any case change the IFD side to "ADSB+ (G) and the MLB side to "Avidyne ADSB" or something like that.  For me, previous to 10.2 the format used on that line was "Aviation".
Mark Pavinich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mark Pavinich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 12:55pm
My friend Tom McFadden just contacted me and told me exactly what the issue is with my unit, he just figured out how to fix his.  He says Chris at Avidyne is GREAT and help point him in the right direction and between brainstorming they figured it out .... 

So I just tested it and it works  --- so here is the config and things to check if you run into this issue

IFD 540 on RS 232 must be set to Skytrax WX+TFC |  Skytrax WX+TFC  (that's in | out)
from there MAKE SURE on 429 config  HIGH |  OFF

Now on the UAT console (you will need a usb serial or serial port with the software and right settings to connect ) 

Make sure Arinc is set to high speed 
Change MLB100 to traffic system advisories 
Make sure baud rates are at their default port speeds (one will be 38,400 and the other 9,600 sorry do not remember which, but it will default automatically) 

He also told me to check my traffic thumbmail and make sure it is not set to below, especially if you are setting on the ground .... lol

Otherwise it works without any issues in above, nomral, and unrestrictive mode (will also work with below once you are up in the air)

He says that his traffic alerts talk only occur when traffic yellow.  He says RED was not tested :-)
He says when traffic is blue no aural alerts / as in talking.

Also make sure your transponder 1090 receive is off and UAT is set to yes  (this is based on having the UAT unit -- if not then 1090 yes probably needs to be on) 

He also explain the traffic degrade and the ADS-B + 
That is required if you want the full performance, but your aircraft must be wired for it properly to get it. 
So depending on your config, ADS-B + may not be applicable depending on your setup.
Helf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 1:17pm
Help!

My avionics guy updated my MLB-100 software and we have followed the settings suggested here for the IFD-540.  Still, I don't see traffic, even though I now get "Normal" in the traffic thumbnail.

And, my cross-synched IFD-540 (No. 2) shows "ADS-B degraded" in its thumbnail.

When I link FLYQ-EFB by WIFI, that app shows it is getting both weather (I am getting Metars and other weather on the IFDs) AND traffic data from my No. 1 IFD, but no traffic shows on FLYQ, just like none shows on the IFD screen or in the thumbnail.

In many posts, people say they talked through this with some helpful person at Avidyne and got it working but, when I call, Avidyne customer service people tell me to call my local avionics people.  The problem is, they have told me they did what they are supposed to do and that they can't schedule me in for several weeks.  They suggest I review the settings with a helpful person from Avidyne....

Is there someone who can please walk through this with me while I am in the airplane?  I would be forever indebted (and I will send you a Texas pecan pie).

Bill
DavidBunin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 9:30am
Bill,

I know I'm not online as much as I used to be, but if you haven't solved your problem already you can email me Davidbunin(at)AOL(dot)com and I'll see if I can help.  I'm up in Dallas.

David

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic