Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Twin IFD-400/IFD100 bugs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ansond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Twin IFD-400/IFD100 bugs
    Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 2:46am
Got both of my IFD-440s' updated to 10.2... here are a list of bugs that I have found so far:
  • IFD100 runs on my iPad Pro...
  • IFD100 does not appear to show any traffic  or weather... is that the intent? nor is it on the map page or SVS page
  • trying to rubber band on the IFD100 creates paths that are inconsistent between the IFD and the iPad
  • I get several "heading lost" errors
  • I cannot get the map view out of "north up" mode... it seems stuck there... 
FYI, I have one IFD440 that has both BT and WiFi enabled... wondering if there are collision issues with both up?

Doug
N208LG
ansond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ansond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 2:47am
OH... and the rubber banded new waypoint does not appear to have a "name" entered into it when rubberbanding occurs on the IFD100... the IFD creates the name just fine. 

LANCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LANCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 8:37am
I'd turn off bluetooth and wifi on the #2 to start.
ansond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ansond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 12:42am
Yep... thanks Lance... I did actually have that disabled (IFD-2)... did not seem to make a difference.

Has anyone else had success in switching the map view to "heading up" vs. "north up"?  iPad Pro?  its odd that mine wont.. and I have "Heading up" in my configuration for IFD100. 

Also, does anyone see traffic in their IFD100?  I never see it there (even when it's on the IFDs...)

Thanks again,

Doug
luchetto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luchetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 2:25am
When you say heading up in your configuration do you mean in the SYS page. In another thread it was noted that to change the display heading you would have to touch into the heading box at the top of the screen.
ansond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ansond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 10:57am
Sorry... I'll clarify...  heading up in the map page (not svs page)... for some reason, I cannot get my map display to be anything other than the "north up" setting...  and that's despite the fact that I have my IFD100's configuration setting set to "Heading up".

Strange!

Doug

ronl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 1:23pm

Also, does anyone see traffic in their IFD100?  I never see it there (even when it's on the IFDs...)

Thanks again,

Doug
[/QUOTE]

No traffic on mine either.
Ron L
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 2:26pm
The traffic should display on the IFD 100 but I am told that is a bug that will be correctly shortly.  There will be a new release in the app store of the IFD 100 that should correct this.
ansond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ansond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 3:39pm
awesome... thanks for the update!

luchetto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luchetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 4:16pm
Doug, I didn't mean SVS but SYS. did you try to touch the heading box at the top of your map page.
ansond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ansond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 10:57pm
you mean the heading box on the top of the map page on the ipad?  No... I did not realize that was a way to toggle modes.. I'll give that a try!  Thanks for the pointer!  

Doug
luchetto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luchetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 12:27am
I didn't try it myself but I read it somewhere on the forum.
khuffine View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khuffine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 12:54pm
Yep..touching the heading box on map toggles back and fort...sounds logical now! 
Khuffine
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic