Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > AXP340/322 ADS-B Transponder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why doesn't my AXP340 power on automatically?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LANCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why doesn't my AXP340 power on automatically?
    Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 5:51pm
The Pilot's Guide for the AXP340 on page 4 says, "The AXP340 will automatically power on when avionics power is applied and will display the Avidyne logo, product identification and software version information while the unit is self-testing."

Mine has to be manual powered on. Is there a setting I can change - I don't see anything in the book on this?

Edited by LANCE - 25 Feb 2017 at 11:11am
Gring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 7:05pm
There is some wiring that will turn it on when the avionics bus is powered.  Check the installation.
LANCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LANCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 7:28pm
I should have mentioned that it did power up automatically when it first was installed, but now doesn't
psimpson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 10:32pm
My first one acted that way, they had to replace it.  It's fine now
LANCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LANCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 6:34pm
I was at the avionics shop today for another reason and told them about it. They called Avidyne and Avidyne said it may need to be exchanged but told the tech that if it gets shut off manually it needs to be turned back on manually. He fiddled with it and there's nothing in the settings, but now at least it comes back on automatically. We'll see if it stays that way.
LANCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LANCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 12:40am
Well, it didn't stay that way. Now it needs to be turned on again manually every time I start up the airplane.
M20J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M20J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 2:08pm
Mine also did that, I had it exchanged and the replacement works correctly. Get it replaced.
psimpson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 6:37pm
Mine did the same thing, once I got another one it has been fine since.
LANCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LANCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 5:31pm
I brought my airplane in to have the heading source tied into the IFD550 so I can get the Total Velocity Vector. I talked to support weeks in advance about my transponder not powering up with the Master. They agreed it needs to be swapped out. I let my avionics dealer know. They were supposed to have a swap for my on July 17 when I took it in. The dealer dropped the ball and forgot - Avidyne to the rescue - they overnighted one and it was put in before I even knew about it. Once again, great Avidyne service!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic