Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New JDM (for 10.2) is released

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New JDM (for 10.2) is released
    Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 12:03am
The updated JDM version is NOW released, just installed it.

Even more encouraging -- why, it is right at the top!

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 10 Jan 2017 at 12:04am
Ibraham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 12:13am
The JDM support for 10.2 has been out for about a month, it was reported on the IFD release 10.2 section. Apparently it has nothing to do with the progress of 10.2 that was kind of promised before the holidays.

psimpson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 8:18am
I had updated the JDM on my office computer but the update is grayed out on my home computer.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 8:41am
Originally posted by Ibraham Ibraham wrote:

The JDM support for 10.2 has been out for about a month, it was reported...

Yes, believe I was the first to report that here, early in December. But, FWIW yesterday was the first day I could actually download and install it.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 10 Jan 2017 at 10:44am
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 9:07am
It appears that Jepp has not ported that update to Mac.
David Gates
Thinwing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thinwing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 1:03pm
Just installed jdm update on PC...no problems
Alouicious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alouicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 8:51am
No problem installing JDM 3.4.1.147 update.  The Bartow Florida FBO (KBOW) has very fast internet and the new JDM is now on their pilot planning room computer.

What's the best technique for installing the Jepp updates in the IFDs?  (Add another vote for Seattle Avionics alternative source! or any alternative to Jepp!)

I have to use a battery charger on the plane (engine not running), especially with the latest (nearly 2 GB) Terrain update!  The biweekly Charts update for the IFD 540 takes a while, too.

Be happy! Your choice.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 12:50pm
I have a battery tender, so I just power up in the hangar and update. Also have a GPU, but if the power to the hangar goes out midway, it might scramble the update, not very likely, but a consideration.

Sometimes I will just run the update after startup, it is usually done by the runup.

One thing I quite like, is I update from jdm as soon as the update is available onto the USB key at home. When I note an update is needed on the IFD I just pull out the same USB key from by flight bag, and update what is needed. No need to rely on internet at the airport. The USB key acts as a temporary repository. Very slick, really.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 14 Jan 2017 at 12:52pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic