Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Terrain warning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OliverBucher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Terrain warning
    Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 3:18am

Hello,

I am flying at a smal glider airfield in south germany (Hornberg located 3nm southwest of EDTH 48°44'46.46''N  / 09°51'44.61''E ).

My installation (IFD440/540 and Garmin G500) is brand new. Now I have the problem, that gliderfields in germany are not in the Jepp database as an airfield!!!

I have in take off and landing since base all the time the terrain and obstacle warning. Is there a possibility to create a zone where no warning appears? Or to told the IFD that arround the user waypoint "Hornberg" should be no terrain warning?

Greetings

Oliver

Oliver Bucher
Plane: DA40-180
PA20Pacer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PA20Pacer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 8:07am
Hi Oliver-

The information that you need is on page 2-39 of the version of the IFD540 Pilot Guide currently on the Avidyne website (doc. 600-00300-001).

Basically, the waypoint must be named AIRPORT XXXXFT, where XXXX is the field elevation. Note that the waypoint name is not the same as the waypoint identifier.

Regards,

Bob Siegfried, II
Bob Siegfried, II
Brookeridge Airpark (LL22)
Downers Grove, IL
OliverBucher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OliverBucher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 9:55am
Hello PA20Pacer,
Thank you for your help.
Oliver Bucher
Plane: DA40-180
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic