Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wishlist for next IFD Sim release

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wishlist for next IFD Sim release
    Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 1:48pm
After much using of the sim, here are some suggestions to improve the user experience.  All of these are based on the iPad sim, but they may apply to the pc based sim too.

1.  Have the sim startup in "STOP" mode.  The first thing I always do when starting the app is to put in "STOP" mode.
2.  Have the app prevent the iPad from sleeping while the app is in use.  (Maybe not applicable to the pc version).
3.  Retain the current simulation scenario through power cycles and periods where the app is not active.  There have been many times where I had a scenario set up and had to interrupt what I was doing, only to come back to the app to find it restarting with Avidyne splash screen and the airplane back at KMLB. 
4.  Be able to turn off Traffic.  I don't have traffic on my real IFD, therefore acknowledging traffic alerts in the sim doesn't benefit me in real flying.
5.  When selecting an altitude or heading, the selected value typically changes when lifting my finger off of the screen.  Especially on the heading slider.  I've tried many many times to be very very steady when lifting my finger, and it still jumps several degrees of heading or 100s feet of altitude.  Please make the altitude and heading sliders less sensitive so they don't move when lifting finger off of screen.
6.  Headings:  Add the ability to fly headings at anytime, Add the ability to set an initial heading when the app starts, Make the heading selector so that it wraps around through heading 360/000.
7.  Add the ability to skip ahead in a flight plan.
And finally,
8.  Update the database periodically.  My home base (and I'm sure many others) did not have GPS approaches when the database in the sim was published.  It does now.  It would be nice to be able to simulate those approaches.

Sincerely,
David

mfb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 2:36pm
I agree with all the above. I've been hoping for a new sim version when 10.2 eventually ships.

Mike
PeterC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 10:15pm
Excellent list!

Edited by PeterC - 26 Oct 2016 at 10:17pm
Peter - 1977 Cardinal RG C-FJPC - IFD550/540/240/322/605A/Skytrax100, Aspen MAX 2000, Trio A/P
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic