Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Seattle Avionics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seattle Avionics
    Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 10:38am
I got an email from Seattle Avionics saying they are standing by and ready to begin development on providing charts for the IFDs.  They are just waiting for Avidyne.  What happened to open systems? 

Edited by tony - 24 Oct 2016 at 2:36pm
AviSimpson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 1:43pm
Unfortunately, it isn't as easy as flipping a switch but we appreciate you letting us know that you are interested in having an alternative chart source.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
FlyingCOham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyingCOham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 3:52pm
DUH !!!!
Jim Patton
tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 5:06pm

So I don’t see the big issue for Avidyne, unless there are contractual agreements you made with Jepp.  I read SA00343BO and the data base is not part of the STC.  I would suggest in the limitations section you add the words “a navigation database which compiles with DO-200B”.  Then provide your ICD to Seattle and then the burden of certification is on them. 

paulr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 8:51am
Yes please. +100 for SA charts vice Jepp.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 9:09am
As long as we get a choice. Prefer Jepps.

* Orest

DavidBunin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 9:18am
Are we just talking about the charts?  Or would Seattle Avionics also provide a Navigation Database to go with their charts?
tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 9:19am
All I'm asking for is to have a choice.  Let the market dictate the price and each one of us can decide on what best for our situation.  Why does there have to be only one provider?
MarkZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 2:15pm
David is asking the right question. I get fresh charts with Foreflight but the NAV Data is the major issue in my view.
1964-m20e View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1964-m20e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 3:32pm
Yes an option for nav data and charts would be wonderful it would keep Jepp and SA honest.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic