Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

deleting waypoints on STAR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbeasley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: deleting waypoints on STAR
    Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 4:11pm

Good Afternoon,

I loaded the STAR for KMKE and starting from KMSN (about 90 miles East), wanted to go direct to one of the nearer waypoints.  But the system wouldn't let me delete the further out waypoints.  Have others had this issue?  How it is best handled?

Thanks for any help,

John

Ibraham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 6:31pm
I just tried that flight from KMSN to KMKE on the IFD simulator. 

With STARs you have to select a transition.  Since you are coming from the West, you should select the OGECA transition (OGECA.GOPAK1).  The IFD will show all the waypoints, once you are cleared to one of the waypoints on the transition, lets say ZOWRO, you can select ZOWRO from the FPL, push Direct to button and it will take you there and sequence the STAR to BONOT. Don't worry about the other waypoints prior to OGECA, on the simulator they just disappeared.
If you are vectored to join the STAR, then select the waypoint at the end of the leg you are joining and push Activate Leg.

After BONOT, it will keep you on a heading of 74 since according to the STAR you should expect radar vectors to the final approach course unless you select an approach after BONOT then you can connect the GAP.
mfb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 7:39pm
Ibrahim's procedure sounds good to me.

The short answer is that arrival procedures, departure procedures, and approaches are "fixed." You can't add or delete waypoints. If you don't want the entire procedure you have to skip waypoints by going direct at the appropriate time.

Mike

Edited by mfb - 25 Sep 2016 at 7:39pm
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 9:49pm
I think a "no transition" option would be a great feature for SID/STAR entry on the IFDXXX. The "no transition" option for SID/STARS has been available for Boeing & Airbus FMC/FMGC route programming for the past 20+ years.

If a SID/STAR transition is not entered, then the SID/STAR routing would terminate/begin at the end/beginning of the common routing for that SID/STAR.
jbeasley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbeasley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 12:00pm
My thanks to all who responded!  John
jimmyz80 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmyz80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by dmtidler dmtidler wrote:

I think a "no transition" option would be a great feature for SID/STAR entry on the IFDXXX. The "no transition" option for SID/STARS has been available for Boeing & Airbus FMC/FMGC route programming for the past 20+ years.

If a SID/STAR transition is not entered, then the SID/STAR routing would terminate/begin at the end/beginning of the common routing for that SID/STAR.

Not to mention the Garmin products support "no transition" SIDs/STARs as well.  Seems like Avidyne is the odd-ball here.
2006 Cirrus SR22 - IFD540 IFD440 DFC90 AXP322 MLB100
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic