Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Database Issue?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Database Issue?
    Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 9:00pm
Tried to program following route: KDKB SWETT V171 JOT BVT V97 MILAN KLUK in my IFD540 yesterday. The IFD would not show V97 (or 51) out of BVT. V97 clearly transitions through BVT according to the current IFR low chart below.

After verifying multiple times that I did not mistype BVT in the IFD 540; as a work around I programmed BVT direct ZOFRI (the next downtrack waypoint on V97 along my route), the IFD 540 then allowed me to select V97 to the MILAN waypoint. (I should of tried OXFAT V97 to see if it would transition BVT; however, it didn't occur to me at the time.)

BTW - I  tested this route in the IFD540 simulator a few days prior to trying to program it in my airplane. The simulator handled this route just fine as indicated below.

My airplane has the current Jeppesen databases (Nav, Obstacles, & Charts) and my IFD540 is running software version 10.1.2. Has anyone else experienced this type of issue with route programming and is this a Jeppesen coding issue vice IFD540 issue?
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 9:51pm
FWIW, FltPlan also misses V97, and draws in BVT DCT MILAN instead.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 03 Sep 2016 at 9:51pm
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 9:59am
Never mind...mystery solved.  Looks like I had entered BTV (Burlington, VT) instead of BVT (Boiler) in the airplane. Oops!

I'm definitely looking forward to the two-way transfer of routes in software update 10.2
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 10:40pm
If you had accidentally typed BTV, I'm wondering how your workaround succeeded by entering direct ZOFRI and then V97?
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 7:09pm
Was reassigned to an entirely different route.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic