Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Entegra Release 9 > Entegra Release 9 General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Release 9.4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Release 9.4
    Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 1:13pm
I don't think we've publicized plans for Rel 9.4 yet so here you go:

Release 9.4 adds vertical guidance for GPS approaches (e.g. LP+V) , support for Avidyne’s AXP322 remote-mount transponder for ADS-B out, and compatibility with Avidyne’s SkyTrax 100 receiver for ADS-B In, and SkyTrax 200 transceiver for ADS-B In/Out.  This release will also enable the Take Off/Go Around (TOGA) feature for R9-equipped Cirrus aircraft that have the DFC100 autopilot. Some minor bug fixes will also be included.

This release will be ready later this year.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Stefan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 5:12am
Hello Steve

can you please shed some light on the time schedule for Release 9.4? We are waiting for the following features:

- LPV approaches
- ADS-B out with the Becker Transponder
- some solution for Iridium weather (I understood MLX770 is no longer supported?)
.... maybe by using 3rd party hardware such as IridiumGo! and uploading weather data into the R9 via WIFI??
- ADS-B in (I understood this should already be working in 9.3 with a TAS610?)

Many thanks, Stefan
AviSimpson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 12:50pm
I'm not Steve but I can help. R9.4 is scheduled to be approved and available during the first half of 2017.

-LPV approaches are supported today in R9.3, LNAV+V will be added in R9.4
-ADS-B Out will be supported in R9.4 with our AXP322
-R9.4 will not have any additional Iridium support
-ADS-B In will be supported via our SkyTrax100 ADS-B receiver (which relies on the 978MHz band for ADS-B In) 
-The TAS610 does not have any ADS-B capabilities
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
Stefan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 3:29pm
Hi Simpson

many thanks for the quick update, just to clarify a few points:

In Release 9.4 
- ADS-B out will not be supported with the Becker BXP-6402-1R-(01) transponder? Although it has extended squitter?
- ADS-B in will be supported only via Skytrax100? Or additionally also via TAS6xx(A)? What will be the 1090 solution?

In respect to MLX770 showing Iridium uploaded weather on R9
- Has Avidyne really canceled the support for this product? How can existing MLX770 units be used?
- Or other way round: What service and what data is still and will remain being available?

Many thanks, Stefan

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Stefan Stefan wrote:

Hi Simpson

many thanks for the quick update, just to clarify a few points:

In Release 9.4 
- ADS-B out will not be supported with the Becker BXP-6402-1R-(01) transponder? Although it has extended squitter?
- ADS-B in will be supported only via Skytrax100? Or additionally also via TAS6xx(A)? What will be the 1090 solution?

In respect to MLX770 showing Iridium uploaded weather on R9
- Has Avidyne really canceled the support for this product? How can existing MLX770 units be used?
- Or other way round: What service and what data is still and will remain being available?

Many thanks, Stefan

The Becker transponder will not have the STC that is required for ADS-B Out. This STC is required to be ADS-B compliant. Even though a transponder has "ES" it doesn't mean that it is legally approved as an ADS-B pair with a GPS.
The TAS-A will be supported

False. The MLX770 is still a supported product however, it never had an interface with R9.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
Stefan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 6:24pm
As for the Becker transponder: Understood, we'll see what Becker does.

As for the MLX770: I was assuming such interface existed, since it is on the Optional Equipment List of our Extra500. Moreover I was referring to the Entegra Integrated Flight Display System Maintenance Manual, 600-00234-004 Revision No. 00. Date:07/27/09, quote:

Page 21

The IFD has the capability to interface with all of the available Avidyne sensors such as TAS, TWX, MLB, MLX, as well as many third party sensors. 

Page 23

2.2.6 Datalink Interface

The IFD receives weather data and transmits position and configuration data from the Avidyne MLB700 satellite data receiver or MLX770/780 satellite data transceiver, via an RS232 port on the MPIO. 

wwh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 2:11pm
Is there an update on Rel 9.4?  On July 22, 2016 you said the "release will be ready by the end of the year" (2016) and its now 2018!  I've tried contacting Avidyne via phone regarding this to no avail.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 3:52pm
We are waiting for the STC approval for Release 9.4, the data and paperwork has been submitted to the FAA. Should be approved very soon.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
Samurai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 6:22pm
Now that AviSimpson is gone, who is taking over the R9 stuff? I see a lot of comments down for the IFD5xx but no comments up here.
Also, any updates would be nice. I was told that 9.4 was submitted in Dec for STC approvals, here we are in Feb and nothing but crickets.
If you cant give updates, how about a generalization of how long a STC approval takes? When i saw 10.2 get approved, it seemed like it was STC'ed in only a few weeks, not months.
Avi_Mitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avi_Mitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 4 minutes ago at 6:56am

Samurai

Fair comment. We have activated two great resources for the Avidyne Live community. Avisteve and AviTJ. I think you will find their engagement with the community very insightful from both a technical and feature/function perspective. They are already active on many threads including the new release of 10.2.1 for our IFD series product.

Good news on 9.4 is that it has been released and available for upgrade. For customers that want it right now the software upgrade will cost $999 plus nominal dealer labor. We are actively working on a Q2 promo with Avidyne product bundles that will substantially reduce the software upgrade charge to effectively zero. Stay tuned for more info as we determine what the specifics of that promotion will entail.

Fly Safe

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic