Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Installation help.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Installation help.
    Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 10:28pm
Ladies and Gentlemen.
Thanks for having me in the group, and I am looking forward to the "new toys", but seem to have run into an issue.

IFD 440
AXP 340
MLB 100

Navworx interconnect diagram for IFD 4XX/5XX, (ADS600-B) P/N 240-0008-00-39, 2016/2/12 (page 88)
and
Avidyne serial data interconnect diagram, P/N 600-00299-000, Revision 7 (page 146)

My question, before I bother the tech support folks, is this:
The wiring for the altitude encoder/serializer show  different connections for each page.
I am aware the encoder, (Transcal SSD-120) has two (2) rs-232 ports, but with both of them connected to the 
IFD 440, create an issue?
Or do I connect as per Navworx, AND Avidyne connection diagrams? (The Navworx diagram doesnt specify a pin connection)
The other question, is the wiring for the AXP 340. Transpoder installation manual, 01201-00 10 March, 2014 (page 36)
This page shows yet another encoder/serializer connection, and no MLB 100.
It is "there" but doesnt show type of wiring, (shielded/non shielded), etc.
I am assuming it is ALL non shielded.  It would be lax to diagram out a wiring plan, without specifics.
With all of that said, I understand that ADSB in and out, is off of the GPS, (I understand about the ground based inputs,
but just to make this easy, will use the GPS part)
The "grey code" connections are shown on the pin out page (page 11), but no rs 232 inputs are shown.
(The paragraph about rs 232 does explain it, but without the MLB (ADS600-B) installation.)
This install is "in process", and I would really like to have to do it, only once.
Thanks for your time, and any info anyone may provide.
I am truely at a loss here.  
Regards,
Randy
Randy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 2:15am
Ladies and Gentlemen.
I have re-read the request, and it does seem to be a little disjointed.
So, I shall try and clarify.
All of the above is correct, questions, and statements, and I wish to add that I do indeed have the SIL 606-00000-003, dated 11/03/15.
Which, does nothing to answer the question on the encoder connection (s).
I will be installing the UAT antenna, for the MLB 100, so the part about "only using GPS", was only to keep the post simplified.
The question remains.. Where does the encoder connect.?
MLB, as per Navworxs, or on the transponder, as per the Avidyne diagram?
Wiring used for the transponder?  Shielded, not shielded.?
Thank you again for your input.

Regards,
Randy
Randy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 2:11pm
Very well.
Off to tech support I go.
Regards,
Randy
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 2:30pm
It's a long-winded answer.  Your best bet is the tech support call.  They will spend as much time as you need to walk through the answers.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Randy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 2:44pm
Thank you. Matt was very helpful. I think he needs a raise.. and a three day weekend.
Regards,
Randy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic