Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Software Update 10.1.3.0

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUXAIR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Software Update 10.1.3.0
    Posted: 05 Jul 2016 at 4:13pm

One of the posts mentioned that a new update was available - version 10.1.3.0.  I then found it online and would like to know what issues are addressed in this new version?  Is there a features list or bug correction notes?

Thank you

David E.
Cessna 182 RG II
Froethel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Froethel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2016 at 5:40pm
Where did u find the new version?
Frank
George View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2016 at 6:28pm
http://dealers.avidyne.com/downloads/ifd540-release-10-1.asp

bottom of page
TomH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 1:24am
Originally posted by AUXAIR AUXAIR wrote:

Is there a features list or bug correction notes?

I was told it is a very small update that addresses a unique GPS-related condition that can only occur in Europe. I'm confident there's a much better technical explanation but I was specifically told by two folks it was absolutely not necessary for me here in the Western US. 

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 10:36am
10.1.3.0 was a GPS-only change that was designed to improve the robustness of the GPS solution/lock.  It predominantly affected non-WAAS coverage areas, or more specifically, non-North America areas, principally Europe and Australia/New Zealand.

If you were flying in North America and have not experienced GPS outtage issues, then there is no reason to spend your time and all of our energies to upgrade.  If you have experienced GPS anomalies, then I would recommend contacting Avidyne Customer Service and running through the details of your experience and determine if it makes sense to upgrade to 10.1.3.0.

Release 10.2 that comes out this summer will pull in all those same updates/changes to GPS so everybody gets them then.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
pburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

Release 10.2 that comes out this summer...

Finally a date certain.  I read that to mean on or before September 21, 2016.

DavidBunin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by pburger pburger wrote:

... Release 10.2 that comes out this summer...

Certain?  Ha.  Read it thusly at your own risk.  The process is largely out of the hands of the applicant at this stage of the game.  I think that Steve has done an excellent (and appropriate) job of not giving calendar-based data to us.  It will be when it is.  Until then, nothing is certain.

David Bunin

ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2016 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by DavidBunin DavidBunin wrote:

Originally posted by pburger pburger wrote:

... Release 10.2 that AVIDYNE HOPES comes out this summer...

Certain?  Ha.  Read it thusly at your own risk.  The process is largely out of the hands of the applicant at this stage of the game (WE THINK).  I think that Steve has done an excellent (and appropriate) job of not giving calendar-based data to us.  It will be when it is.  Until then, nothing is certain.

David Bunin

Fixed it for you <g>

Edited by ddgates - 13 Jul 2016 at 4:36pm
David Gates
pburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 5:01am
Originally posted by DavidBunin DavidBunin wrote:

[QUOTE=pburger]...
Certain?  Ha.  Read it thusly at your own risk.  The process is largely out of the hands of the applicant at this stage of the game.  I think that Steve has done an excellent (and appropriate) job of not giving calendar-based data to us.  It will be when it is.  Until then, nothing is certain.

David Bunin

Dude,

My comments were made in jest, hence the winking smiley.

That being said, my request for a status update over on the actual 10.2 thread has gone unanswered.  The last I heard was that 10.2 was in "final company testing", which would not put it out of their hands yet.  I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a status update.

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 8:54pm
I would agree that is not an unreasonable ask.

However I will disappoint the masses because I won't provide any juicy nuggets and stick with the "just as soon as it's approved, everyone will know" line.   That doesn't mean anyone should read anything into that statement.

Aside from saying it will be available this summer (and there is no change to that status), we're staying disciplined and not getting into the inch stone definitions and predictions.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic