Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD ICA not posted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD ICA not posted
    Posted: 26 Mar 2016 at 12:06pm
When going through the Instructions for Continued Airworthiness for my AXP340 and IFD540, I'd like to verify I'm using the current revision of the ICAs.  When you go to Avidyne's Certified Documents page (download by type from their support page), it only contains AXP340 documents.  Also, when you got to the AXP340 download page, it has an entire Certified Documents section.

When I searched the IFD page, it did not have the ICA posted and did not have a Certified Documents Section.

Can these documents be posted so we can verify we are using the up to date documents?

Although this is all of the Avidyne hardware I have, I'd suggesting doing the same with the rest of your hardware for others.

Edited by brou0040 - 26 Mar 2016 at 12:08pm
DavidBunin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2016 at 6:33pm
I received a complete set of data when I purchased my unit.  (There was a CD in the box.)  That data remains "current" to my installation, even if the manufacturer published a newer version since then.
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2016 at 5:56pm
I made a post almost identical to yours a while back, but there doesn't seem to have been any Avidyne reaction (yet).

The 540 Installation Documentation CD contains it, and this was also handed over to me by my avionics shop along with the other installation documents. If you want me to send you a copy, drop me a private email and I'll reply with it attached. The file is <600k.
Vince
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2016 at 10:53pm
I have a copy from my shop.  I've always thought I needed to be using up to date documents so I'll need to look into David's statement a little more.
AviSimpson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 9:21am
The current ICA for the IFD540 is Revision 06 that was dated 05/05/15.
The current ICA for the AXP340 is Revision 01 that was dated 12/09/14.

We only have these posted in one area of our website so that if a revision was released, there is only one document we need to update therefore eliminating someone getting an old, out of date doc.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 10:19am
AviSimpson,

Thanks for the dates, I'll check those against mine.  Can you tell me where you have them posted since I couldn't find the IFD ICA (although I did find the 340 ICA).
AviSimpson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 10:45am
They are posted on the dealer portion of our website. I've posted the ICA for the 540/440 on the documents page.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 11:08pm
Found it, thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic