Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to to stay in a app holding pattern

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to to stay in a app holding pattern
    Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 6:46pm
Probably a easy way but looked in handbook and played with it in sim with no luck. Situation going into KADH (Ada,OK) cleared to Tanpy to hold for RNAV 35 app. Was # 2 so thought I would just do one turn and be cleared for app. Activated the app direct Tanpy and entered the hold. Inbound to fix got alert "Exit hold at Fix". But at this time realized would have to do another turn. Could not think of a way to cancel the exit. So just followed the white holding pattern and reactivated app inbound. Probably should have not activated app initially, just went direct to Tanpy and build the holding pattern. Then activated app when cleared. But any ideas how to keep 540 sequencing the holding pattern once I got the alert.
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 4:52am
You should be able to toggle continue or exit the hold with L4 LSK. I'm not sure if this still works once you get the alert (which I assume means that the leg after the hold is already active).

Vince
Craig767 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 6:04pm
There was a exit the hold but no continue the hold on the LSK. The next leg was not active when got the alert, that is why I thought there might be a way to continue in the hold.
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2016 at 3:27am
There aren't 2 LSK's, rather the L4 LSK should toggle between exit and continue. Did you try that?
Vince
Craig767 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2016 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by chflyer chflyer wrote:

There aren't 2 LSK's, rather the L4 LSK should toggle between exit and continue. Did you try that?

Thanks, that was it. Don't know how I missed the continue hold the first time but it is bottom LSK. Keeps you in hold until ready for app, then use exit hold and you are back on the app.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic